xlii ONTARIO REPORTS JUNE 16, 2017
About the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
CPA Ontario protects the public interest by ensuring its members meet the highest standards of integrity
and expertise. CPA Ontario serves and supports its more than 87,000 members and 19,000 students in
their qualification and professional development in a wide range of senior positions in public accounting,
business, finance, government, not-for-profits and academe. Chartered Professional Accountants are
valued by organizations of all types and sizes for their financial expertise, strategic thinking, business
insight, management skills and leadership. For information on the profession, visit cpaontario.ca.
Due to departmental expansion, CPA Ontario is in search of a highly-skilled, full-time Senior Professional
Standards Counsel with several years of prosecution and/or litigation experience, preferably obtained in a
professional self-regulatory practice. The successful candidate will prosecute allegations of professional
misconduct before the Discipline and Appeal Committees of CPA Ontario and before the courts, provide
legal advice to the Complaints Committee, and appoint and oversee investigators.
• Advise the Complaints Committee and Standards Enforcement staff on legal issues
• Prosecute matters before the Discipline and Appeal Committees and before the courts
• Appoint investigators on behalf of the Complaints Committee
• Review investigator reports and provide supervision, direction and advice to in-house and external
• Work with other members of the Standards Enforcement and Investigations & Prosecutions teams
in complex matters involving members in the course of the complaints process
• Formulate and apply policies/strategies within Investigations & Prosecutions, impacting the
Regulatory & Standards group and the CPA profession broadly
• Be accountable to the Complaints Committee and the Director for decisions taken on an
investigation or prosecution file
• LL.B./J.D. member in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada and licensed to practise
law in Ontario
• Minimum 15 years at the bar
• Prosecution experience and/or litigation experience
• Ability to assume independent carriage of investigation and prosecution files
• Experience with disciplinary process of self-regulating professions is preferred but not essential
• Strong advocacy skills, both oral and written
• Integrity, fairness and courtesy
How to Apply
Please apply online at www.cpaontario.ca/join-our-team by June 29 , 2017.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered will be contacted.
CPA Ontario is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please
email email@example.com with “Accommodation Required” in the subject line to provide your
contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered will be contacted
Senior Professional Standards Counsel