JUNE 16, 2017 LAW SOCIETY TRIBUNAL lv
Volume 23, June 2017
Orders LAWYER MATTERS
3. The Respondent shall pay costs to the Law Society in the
amount of $9,000 on or before the deadline of May 25, 2018.
Commencing the day following the deadline for payment,
interest shall accrue on any unpaid portion of costs at a rate of
2% per year.
4. The Panel reserved on an order term requiring that the
Respondent cooperate in a review of the Respondent’s
professional business upon returning to practice. Following
receipt of submissions from the Law Society, the Panel will
issue a further Order.
(Counsel for the Society, Anne-Katherine Dionne / the Lawyer was not
present or represented)
May 26, 2017
The Law Society alleged that Todd Richard Branch, 2007, of
Tecumseh, committed professional misconduct.
The panel determined that the following allegations were established:
• In July 2015 and in September 2015, in relation two different
client matters, the Respondent practised law and represented or
held himself out as a person entitled to practise law, when his
licence to practise law was suspended and had been suspended
since March 2015.
• The Respondent failed to cooperate with five different Law Society
investigations by failing to provide information and documents
requested by the Law Society between July 2015 and May 2016.
• The Respondent failed to respond promptly and completely to
requests made by the Law Society’s Administrative Compliance
Department about the disposition of his practice, between April
and June 2015.
The panel orders:
1. The Respondent’s licence to practise law in Ontario is revoked,