xlviii ONTARIO REPORTS AUGUST 11, 2017
The Canadian Cable Systems Alliance (CCSA) represents more than 115 independent and highly
resourceful companies that provide broadband, television and telephone services to Canadians from
coast to coast to coast. Our membership includes many small, family-owned companies, companies
serving and operated by Indigenous Peoples in Canada and more than 20 community cooperatives.
Amongst other things, the CCSA negotiates contracts (“Master Agreements”) on the collective
behalf of our membership with hundreds of Canadian and foreign television programming services
for our members’ carriage of their signals and participates, as needed, in any related CRTC
dispute resolution processes. We are also continually exploring opportunities to negotiate Master
Agreements for our members’ benefit for other products or services important to their businesses.
We are currently seeking a Vice President, Contracts to take over responsibility for the negotiation,
conclusion and administration of current and future Master Agreements.
• Possesses excellent negotiating skills and a strategic understanding of the programming
acquisition process, including regulatory and legal requirements;
• Has experience successfully resolving disputes through mediation and arbitration processes;
• Has a strong acumen for both business and finance with ability to effectively analyze and
interpret financial data and develop business models;
• Has ability to adapt to a rapidly-evolving, competitive marketplace;
• Possesses highly developed management and interpersonal skills, combined with strong oral
and written communication skills. Equally important are his/her presentation skills;
• Is a team player who demonstrates a positive and an energetic attitude.
• Existing relationships with decision-makers and influencers within the broadcasting distribution
industry an asset;
• Has the ability to travel;
• The ability to converse in and read French would be a strong asset.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
• Working with the CCSA Board and Contracts Review Committee, plan, develop and implement
strategy with respect to all CCSA Master Agreements;
• Establish and maintain appropriate systems for the administration of Master Agreements;
• Monitor, measure and report on contract issues, opportunities, development plans and
achievements within agreed formats and time frames;
• Manage, train and motivate direct reporting staff;
• Plan and manage departmental activities within agreed budgets and time frames;
• Plan and manage internal, external and Member communications regarding contract issues;
• Contribute to strategic planning and development as a member of the executive and
• Lead CCSA’s efforts in securing sponsorship commitments for our annual conference;
• Other duties as requested.
Location: While the CCSA’s Head Office is located in Quispamsis, NB, the Vice President, Contracts
will have the option of working from elsewhere in Canada, to be negotiated.
Timing: Interested candidates are asked to submit their CV with an accompanying cover letter,
together with a statement of salary expectations, in confidence to Jillian English, Chief Financial
Officer, CCSA ( firstname.lastname@example.org) by end of business Tuesday, August 15, 2017.
Vice President, Contracts, CCSA