lviii ONTARIO REPORTS NOVEMBER 17, 2017
Coco Group has an opportunity available for In-house Legal Counsel at its Head
Ofce location (Keele & Wilson).
Coco Group is a vertically integrated heavy civil infrastructure and development
company with over 50 years of expertise.
Coco specializes in a wide range of heavy civil construction services and material
products. In addition to the heavy civil construction company, Coco Group owns
and operates a precast manufacturing facility (Co-Pipe Products), asphalt cement
terminal and emulsion plant (Coco Asphalt Engineering), portable concrete batch
plants, a number of pits, quarries and asphalt plants, residential construction
business and golf course.
Since 1964, Coco Paving is proud to continue as a family owned and operated
entity, successfully executing its vision, through on time and on budget execution
and completion of its projects to the satisfaction of our customers.
• Manage the day to day legal work for the business which will include drafting
and negotiation of major construction and commercial contracts;
• provide legal advice in all areas of the business
• responsible for the maintenance of all claim les and related actions
• advise on contractual, property issues and educate on legal risk and
• build key relationships at all levels throughout the business
• Provide strategic advice to senior management, and manage work briefed to
external legal providers.
• Insurance Claim experience
• Extensive experience with Construction Lien Act
• Contract Review & negotiation
• Large Infrastructure (P3) legal experience
• Aboriginal Land Claims
• Environmental issues
• Commercial Leasing
• 6 – 10 years’ experience gained in private practice and in-house (preferably
in a privately owned company)
• strong drafting and negotiation/dispute resolution skills
• a commercial approach with excellent interpersonal skills
• experience in sophisticated commercial real estate transactions (development/
nancing), including large commercial asset acquisitions, joint ventures, P3,
construction and project nance and, employment law
• strong business acumen
• Self-sufcient and high-energy
• Previous Litigation experience
Send Resumes to: Lhalfyard@cocogroup.com
In-House Legal Counsel