DECEMBER 8, 2017 CAREERS lxv
The County of Grey is a family of distinctive communities situated two
hours north of Toronto, which values its heritage, natural beauty, healthy
environment and rural lifestyle. As the fourth largest county in Ontario, Grey
County is home to more than 94,000 residents. Grey County is dedicated to
economic growth, environmental stewardship and an enhanced quality of life
through the provision of responsive and efficient services and collaborative
efforts with its municipal and community partners. We are currently seeking
a talented legal professional to fill the role of County Clerk/Director of
Corporate & Legislative Services.
This position is responsible for the overall performance of Grey County’s
Corporate Services Division, which encompasses Legislative Services
including the Provincial Offences Court, Human Resources and Information
Technology departments. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, this
position will be responsible for administration of the County’s legal affairs and
be relied upon to ensure senior management and Council are provided with
high quality legal advice.
• The ideal candidate is a progressive leader with an LL.B. or J.D.;
• Five (5) years’ experience providing legal advice in fast-paced, complex
• Management experience in the municipal sector or a related field and
demonstrated understanding of local government operations, human
resources and employment law, information technology, municipal
legislation and the Provincial Offences Act;
• A proven track record leading and managing a diverse portfolio of
• Excellent strategic planning, analysis, problem solving, investigative and
report writing skills;
• Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills;
• A valid Ontario driver’s license and use of a vehicle.
Interested candidates are invited to contact Carrie Sharpin, Ward & Uptigrove
Consulting & Human Resources by: Phone: (519) 291-3040 ext. 701 or by
Qualified candidates are invited to view and apply on our website at
www.grey.ca/careers before Wednesday, December 20, 2017.
The County of Grey is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are
available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make
their needs known in advance.
County Clerk / Director of
Corporate & Legislative Services