FEBRUARY 16, 2018 CAREERS lxvii
The Lawyer’s Daily, published by LexisNexis Canada, is looking for an experienced Analysis
Editor to join our legal publishing team in the Toronto office.
The deadline is open until we find the right candidate
With a strong background in legal news coverage, you will research, pitch, source and
assign legal articles and columns (legal issues, case comments, legislation etc.) in various
areas of practice to lawyers, law professors and other legal professionals. Candidate must
be a self-starter comfortable with developing and owning specific legal beats, sourcing
story ideas and authors and performing accurate editing and production duties to tight
The Analysis Editor participates in all aspects of the website’s daily content pertaining to
the assigned seven areas of practice, including:
• Research, pitch, and assign stories (analysis articles and columns) about the
Canadian legal industry for each of the assigned seven areas of practice.
• Coordinate with other Analysis Editors on publishing schedule and send weekly
publishing sked to senior editors.
• Attend daily editorial meetings.
• Supply interview sources to news reporters when appropriate.
• Verify articles for relevance and accuracy, proper citations etc. Request any missing
information or clarifications from authors before sending to copy editor.
• Acquire and insert head shots, bios and any illustrative art deemed appropriate, as
well as signed licence agreements. Request complimentary subscription for authors
• Write headlines and sub-headlines.
• Enter articles into the system, along with appropriate tags, and supervise copy
• Publish articles and send links to contributors.
• Send out daily/weekly e-newsletters for each area of practice.
• Experience researching and assigning articles and columns about the Canadian legal
• Experience in identifying, developing and working with knowledgeable legal authors
in all areas of the law.
• Five years’ experience working full-time in an editorial capacity in a media
organization or as a successful freelance editor.
This is a full-time position based in our office in Toronto, Ontario (located at 404/Finch).
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Please apply using this link.
We thank all applicants, however only candidates selected to be interviewed will be contacted.