LEGAL TECHNOLOGY APPLICATIONS LAWYER
l ONTARIO REPORTS APRIL 13, 2018
STIKEMAN ELLIOTT, is seeking a client focused and technologically savvy
lawyer to work closely with lawyers and clients piloting and implementing new
legal technology applications on leading-edge mandates. In this position you
will use your proficiency with technology combined with your legal knowledge
and experience to provide hands-on support to engineering legal solutions
using a range of technologies. This is a progressive opportunity for a creative
thinker who enjoys private practice and sees the opportunity to serve clients
through an alternative career in knowledge engineering, working with an
industry leading dynamic team. This is a one-year contract with the potential
Responsibilities will include:
• Capturing requirements from lawyers and clients to design, author and
build solutions to meet client needs using the firm’s existing or potential
legal technologies such as document automation, due diligence
automation and expert systems;
• Managing pilots of potential new legal technologies;
• Training lawyers on the use of new legal technologies, and supporting
practicing lawyers using legal work product technologies on client files;
• Maintaining, updating and testing automated legal products and
• Staying abreast of new legal technologies and innovative technology
The successful candidate will have:
• 1-4 years of corporate/commercial transactional experience at a large
• Excellent academic credentials with an LLB or equivalent.
• An affinity for technology combined with a keen interest in exploring,
understanding and troubleshooting new software applications and their
applicability to a range of legal challenges.
• Excellent analytic skills and the ability to use logic to solve complex
• Demonstrated project management skills combined with excellent
organizational skills and the ability to scope and rigorous attention to
• The ability to manage and implement multiple projects and balance
competing demands, and be self-motivated, innovative and flexible.
• Outstanding interpersonal, communication and client service skills.
To apply please visit the Toronto Associates page of our website at
https://www.stikeman.com/en-ca/careers/associates/toronto and submit
a cover letter, resume and copies of official academic transcripts.
The deadline for submitting applications is April 16, 2018.