liv ONTARIO REPORTS APRIL 13, 2018
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb
provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health
insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive
product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional nancial strength, underwriting excellence,
superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
As a key member of the Financial Lines underwriting department, you will have the role of
developing and growing new business opportunities for Chubb’s Transactional Risk business in
Canada. As such, you will play a critical role in the growth and protability initiatives for this large
• Risk selection, coverage negotiation and pricing adequacy for Transactional Risk business;
• Develop and establish relationships with key local brokers and clients, including conducting
broker meetings and training presentations on a regularly scheduled basis, to ensure
department goals and objectives are met;
• Assess, assume and manage risk with insight and discipline, which encompasses reviewing
and analyzing private M&A transaction documents, sale and purchase agreements and due
diligence reports, preparing coverage and pricing proposals as well as negotiating and drafting
bespoke Representation and Warranty insurance policy terms and language;
• Contribute towards the planning and execution of marketing/development initiatives;
• Present at external client meetings with a view to building relationships;
• Work collaboratively with key internal stakeholders, including department heads, product
heads, legal and nance;
• Building and managing relationships with externally appointed lawyers and advisors.
• Minimum of three to ve years in M&A or Transactional Risk, preferably in a legal or underwriting
• Successful completion of a university level curriculum and/or equivalent work experience;
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to negotiate with
commercially and legally sophisticated brokers, advisors and clients;
• Strong analytical ability to evaluate risks according to corporate underwriting guidelines;
• Proven negotiation skills, gained through established broker/client relationships;
• Ability to be innovative and creative in order to develop new opportunities;
• Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment. Naturally curious and extremely
• Ability to respond as a team player, in a multi-task environment.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter, stating the job title in
the subject line, to: email@example.com.
At Chubb we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our
policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualications and
ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human
Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, Chubb will consult with
the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
SENIOR UNDERWRITER, TRANSACTIONAL RISK