lxvi ONTARIO REPORTS MAY 18, 2018
JCM Power is an independent power producer dedicated to accelerating
social, economic and environmental sustainability in growth markets
through the development, construction and operation of renewable energy
infrastructure. Headquartered in Toronto, JCM has investments and utility-scale development projects in Africa (Cameroon, Malawi and Nigeria), Latin
America (Mexico, and Peru and Chile) and South Asia (Pakistan). JCM Power’s
driving vision is to advance the clean energy age.
JCM is seeking a Legal Counsel to join the team at its growing mid-town
Toronto head office. The ideal candidate will be an energetic and commercially
minded lawyer keen to develop into a generalist supporting all aspects of JCM
Power’s complex, international business.
Reporting to JCM Power’s General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, the Legal
Counsel’s responsibilities will include assisting with:
• due diligence for and execution of international acquisitions of operating,
construction and late-stage development projects
• drafting joint venture agreements (e.g., shareholders agreements and
joint development agreements) and related documents
• corporate securities offerings and reports to shareholders
• supporting external counsel for international project development and
• compliance for JCM Power’s affiliated exempt market dealer, JCM
Venture Capital Ltd.
• day-to-day general advice, corporate proceedings and commercial
• 3 to 7 years’ post-call corporate and commercial law experience with a
leading law firm or corporate legal group
• international corporate transaction experience
• Spanish and/or French language skills would be an asset
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume and copies of official academic
transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
21 ST. CLAIR AVENUE EAST, SUITE 700, TORONTO JCMPOWER.CA
LEGAL COUNSEL, TORONTO