lxviii ONTARIO REPORTS MAY 18, 2018
Niagara Community Legal Clinic is a non-prot community based legal clinic funded by
Legal Aid Ontario and administered by a volunteer Board of Directors. The proposed
amalgamation of the two Niagara clinics and a retirement has created an opening for
an Executive Director to lead a staff of 21 in a unionized environment. The Executive
Director will be responsible for the overall management of the clinic, including nancial
management, liaising with our funder, the delivery of service, operations and personnel
management. The Executive Director will also provide direct client services as well as
senior legal and analytical skills to the work of the clinic.
The successful candidate will have strong leadership skills, a commitment to social
justice, the ability to communicate well with a wide range of people and organizations
and a collaborative management approach. Experience working with a volunteer Board
of Directors and managing a community legal clinic or non-prot organization is needed.
Management experience in a unionized environment is an asset. The successful
candidate will be a Lawyer in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario and have
demonstrated experience and knowledge relevant to poverty and clinic law.
Niagara Community Legal Clinic
Interested candidate are asked to submit a resume
via e-mail by June 1, 2018 to Anne Charette at
Reporting to our VP, Assistant General Counsel, you will regularly support a variety of Shopify teams
and collaborate with members of Shopify’s legal team.
• incorporating and managing subsidiaries in multiple international jurisdictions;
• designing and managing subsidiary corporate governance practices and policies;
• designing and managing processes to support Shopify as we expand into new geographies,
both as a service provider and as an employer, and dealing with issues as they inevitably arise.
• A JD or LLB
• Relevant legal experience, ideally having started out at a law firm followed by in-house
• Licensed to practice law in either a Canadian or American jurisdiction
• Experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements
• Experience incorporating and managing international subsidiaries
• Experience leading projects and managing multiple priorities, stakeholders and deadlines
Our ideal candidate is a book and street smart lawyer who strives for excellence, and who knows
that there is always room for continuous improvement. Someone who thrives on change, embraces
challenge, is passionate about delivering exceptional legal work and will be committed to helping build
a best-in-class legal team at Shopify.
For full description and to apply: https://www.shopify.com/careers/corporate-legal-counsel-f7ce85
CORPORATE LEGAL COUNSEL