JUNE 15, 2018 GENERAL DISPLAY xxi
© 2018 Thomson Reuters Canada Limited
Order L7798-8630-65201 $125
Softcover June 2018 approx. 420 pages
Shipping and handling are extra.
Price(s) subject to change without notice and subject
to applicable taxes.
The Trial of Sexual Offence Cases, Second Edition
The Honourable Madam Justice Michelle Fuerst, Mona Duckett, Q.C., and
The Honourable Judge Frank P. Hoskins
The Trial of Sexual Offence Cases, Second Edition takes you through the entire
process of a sexual offence case, from client interview to the completion of the
proceedings in the criminal justice system.
You’ll gain a complete view of sexual offence trials from three unique perspectives
– the defence, the Crown prosecutor, and the judge. The work suggests plans that
you can implement, and gives you a glimpse into the thoughts and tactics that your
opponent may consider.
New in this edition
• A new chapter on human trafficking
• Updates throughout the publication to reflect jurisprudential developments
– New Supreme Court of Canada and provincial appellate level authorities
clarifying the scope of consent, including vitiation of consent due to fraud
(non-disclosure of HIV status), bodily harm, or incapacity, and the requisite
elements to the mistaken belief in age defence
– Recent provincial appellate level authorities regarding the application
and scope of s. 276 of the Criminal Code, including additional and recent
examples of admissible and inadmissible evidence
– Decisions regarding the importance of avoiding the stereotypes and myths
in assessing evidence during sexual assault trials
Develop effective strategies for
prosecuting or defending sexual
Available risk-free for 30 days
Call Toll-Free: 1-800-387-5164 | In Toronto: 416-609-3800