JUNE 15, 2018 CAREERS li
Reporting to the Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate
Secretary, The Globe and Mail is looking for a lawyer to join a small
and collaborative team. The ideal candidate is passionate about our
company. They are unflappable, detail-oriented, and seeking a fast
paced environment with large degree of autonomy. They are comfortable
making decisions and adept at collaborating with individuals at all levels
of the company.
• Draft, review, and negotiate a large variety of agreements of
varying complexity, including a wide range of advertising and
marketing agreements, RFPs, and technology agreements.
• Advise on compliance, governmental and corporate governance
matters and staying current on regulatory developments impacting
• Work collaboratively with, and provide direction to, our business
• Lawyer in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario with 3-7
post-call years of corporate experience from a major law firm or
in-house counsel role.
• Strong business acumen, negotiation and advocacy skills.
• Excellent analytical and communication skills and the ability to
pragmatically manage legal risk.
• Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in one or more of the following
areas of law: media, advertising, technology, or privacy.
• Corporate governance experience is considered an asset.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online on The Globe and
Mail’s Careers Page. Position Code: 2018-090.
THE GLOBE AND MAIL INC.
IS DEDICATED TO EQUITY IN THE WORKPLACE
At The Globe and Mail, we are committed to fostering an inclusive,
accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued,
respected and supported. The Globe and Mail offers accommodation
for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If
you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you
require an accommodation.
LEGAL COUNSEL (CONTRACT)