JUNE 15, 2018 CAREERS liii
The Timmins-Temiskaming Community Legal Clinic has a position for a bilingual
staff lawyer available.
The TTCLC is a community legal clinic funded by Legal Aid Ontario. We provide
legal advice and representation to low-income residents of the Timmins and
Temiskaming areas with our head office located in Timmins.
The successful applicant will be practicing administrative law with an emphasis
in Ontario Works, ODSP, Canada Pension Plan, Landlord and Tenant Board, and
Criminal Injuries Compensation, in both official languages. The position involves
the provision of summary advice, brief services and legal representation of
individuals and group clients. The Staff Lawyer is also expected to engage in public
legal education, law reform and community development.
• Member in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada
• The ability to communicate in both French and English, to provide
services and representation in both French and English
• Familiarity with clinic law issues
• Understanding of social justice issues
• Excellent oral and written advocacy skills in both French and English
• Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills
• A valid Ontario Driver’s License, ability to travel
Applications must include a cover letter, resume with references, to be received
by June 29, 2018 either by mail, email or fax to:
Hiring Committee, c/o Julie Ellery
Timmins-Temiskaming Community Legal Clinic
202-3 Pine St. S.
Timmins, ON P4N 2J9
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
TEL: (705) 267-0300
FAX: (705) 267-0330
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation
is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection
BILINGUAL STAFF LAWYER