SEPTEMBER 14, 2018 CAREERS lxvii
DBRS Limited seeks a highly motivated, team-oriented lawyer with at least three years of
experience to join its Canadian Structured Finance team in Toronto as an Assistant Vice President.
S/he will work closely with analysts in the Canadian Structured Finance group on a wide variety of
securitization transactions, in addition to providing support for drafting, updating and implementing,
as necessary, DBRS Canadian Structured Finance policies, procedures and methodologies.
The ideal candidate will possess sound experience in secured lending and general corporate
commercial law. Knowledge of bankruptcy and insolvency law and specific experience with
structured finance transactions at a recognized law firm while not required would be beneficial.
• Review documentation for various issuance types and asset classes with a view to evaluating
appropriate Structured Finance credit ratings.
• Advise of potential legal issues or exceptions to DBRS methodologies and evaluate legal and
reputational risk relating to credit ratings.
• Monitor legislative and case law developments and advise on any relevant changes, as appropriate.
• At least 3 years of relevant experience at a recognized law firm or as in-house counsel.
• LL.B/J.D. degree, and membership in good standing with the LSO.
• Some knowledge and experience with securitization transactions (ABCP, ABS, RMBS and
CMBS) at a recognized law firm (beneficial but not required).
• Self-starter and team player, who works with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment.
Please email your resume and cover letter to
Or you can apply online and access the full job description at
Canada’s Most Trusted Authority in Legal Placement Since 1975
Ben Higham, J.D.,LL.M.
Director of Legal Recruiting
One, First Canadian Place
100 King Street West
and Temporary Staff.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Toronto (3-5 years exp.)
Our Plaintiff Client is seeking a lawyer to work alongside distinguished counsel.
Litigation Lawyer with Portable Book of Business
Our Client is a litigation boutique offering top compensation at 70% of billings
Securities Lawyer in Toronto (1+ years exp.)
Earn a Bay Street salary with a 1200 billable hour lifestyle.
US & Canadian Tax Lawyer in Toronto or Montreal
Labour Lawyer in Toronto (3-5 years exp.)
Planning Lawyer with Portable Book of Business
Commercial Real Estate Lawyer in Toronto (5+ years exp.)