OCTOBER 12, 2018 CAREERS lxxvii
LEGAL COUNSEL (CORPORATE) (1-year contract)
CAMH is currently seeking a part-time contract (4 days per week), Corporate Counsel.
You will be part of a dynamic legal team providing legal advice to the leadership, physicians
and staff of CAMH to identify and mitigate risk to CAMH, while advancing corporate goals
and initiatives. You will report to CAMH’s Director of Corporate Legal Services and work
closely with her to provide practical and exceptional legal services in areas including but
not limited to corporate/commercial law, leasing, procurement, privacy law, health law,
hospital governance and legislative compliance. A solutions oriented lawyer focused on
proactively identifying risk and advancing CAMH’s corporate strategies, as corporate legal
counsel you will develop and maintain strong working relationships with CAMH’s internal
stakeholders, external peer hospital counsel, and external legal counsel.
• LL.B. or J.D. and in good standing with the LSO.
• 3-5 years of post-call experience in private practice, in-house, or a combination
• Solid experience in general corporate/commercial law and contract negotiation.
• Expertise in Health, Privacy, IT, and/or Public Procurement law considered an asset.
Please send cover letter and résumé to:
Stephanie.firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday October 26, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
The Lead Privacy Advisor is recognized as the organizational expert in the Information
Privacy domain and will work with internal and external stakeholders to understand
how Trillium Health Partners can meet our strategic objectives while remaining
compliant with both the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) and the
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA). They are responsible
for leading complex privacy investigations, privacy complaints and access requests,
reviewing data sharing agreements and other agreements for privacy implications,
leading land providing subject matter expertise within both the privacy office and
Trillium Health Partners.
• Minimum of 5 years related work experience and University degree in business
management, information/records management or related discipline
• Graduate degree such as MA, MPA, LLB or JD preferred
• Certifications such as CIPP/C or CIPM preferred and working knowledge and
expertise in PHIPA, FIPPA, MFIPPA
• Strong understanding of applied privacy principles in healthcare setting
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website:
LEAD PRIVACY ADVISOR