xcvi ONTARIO REPORTS DECEMBER 7, 2018
Volume 49, December 2018
Orders LaWyeR MaTTeRS
on a monthly basis at a minimum, for a minimum of two years
after the Order and then continuing until the treating professional
has advised the Regulatory Compliance Department of the Law
Society (“Regulatory Compliance”) in writing that such treatment
is no longer required and has confirmed that the applicant remains
capacitated within the meaning of section 37 of the Law Society act.
7. The applicant shall provide a copy of this Order to Dr. Brenken
within seven (7) days of the date of the Order and to any successor
regulated health professional treating him within within seven (7)
days of commencing treatment.
8. The applicant shall arrange for Dr. Brenken or any successor regulated
health professional qualified in the areas in which he is receiving
treatment to provide a report six months from the date of this
Order and every six months thereafter until treatment is no longer
necessary, to Regulatory Compliance setting out his compliance with
attendance and treatment and, advising if he/she has any concerns
about the applicant’s ability to practise law.
9. Immediately upon commencing treatment with a successor regulated
health professional, the applicant shall confirm in writing to
Regulatory Compliance ( i) that he has done so, and ( ii) the identity
and contact information of that professional.
10. The applicant shall authorize and direct Dr. Brenken and any
successor regulated health professional to communicate with
Regulatory Compliance staff regarding the reports provided.
11. The applicant shall co-operate fully with all efforts of the Law Society
to monitor his compliance with the Order.
12. There will be no order as to costs.
(Counsel for the Society, Amanda Worley / Counsel for the Lawyer, Robert