lxiv ONTARIO REPORTS JANUARY 11, 2019
Introducing Graphical View – a brand new way of looking at things. Let
colour-coded search terms guide you to the most relevant cases in your
Find out more at lexisnexis.ca/injectcolour
Inject some colour into your searches
Lexis Advance Quicklaw
Staff Lawyer (Permanent, Full-time)
IAVGO is a specialty clinic, funded by Legal Aid Ontario to provide legal services to injured workers
throughout Ontario. We are and a leader in workers’ compensation law. Our services include legal advice,
legal representation, public legal education, law reform advocacy, and community development. We also
train and supervise a large group of law students through our satellite clinic, Advocates for Injured Workers.
• Advise and represent injured workers in workers’ compensation proceedings
• Participate in the clinic’s law reform, community development and outreach
• Act as counsel or co-counsel on leading and test cases
• Support other clinic caseworkers with research or strategic advice and may be involved in supervising
our law student satellite clinic
• Experience representing injured workers, especially before WSIB and WSIAT
• Experience working with precariously employed workers and marginalized groups
• Member in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario
• Experience working in a community legal clinic or similar setting, knowledge of poverty law issues,
and ability to work in a second language are assets.
Salary will be commensurate to a maximum of $91,000 gross for up to 2005 call to the bar. A Group
Benefits package and RRSP Contributions will also be provided.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 18, 2019.
Feel free to call David Arruda at 416-924-6477 to confirm receipt of your application.
Candidates from marginalized groups are encouraged to apply. We welcome all applications, but only
candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.