FEBRUARY 8, 2019 CAREERS lix
Aviva Canada is one of Canada’s leading providers of home, automobile, recreational vehicle,
group and business insurance, with more than three million customers. We have expanded our
trial capability within our industry-leading litigation team. If you are seeking trial experience, or an
opportunity to build on existing experience, this will be a great opportunity to do so in a collegial
environment with an employer who appreciates the importance of work/life balance.
We have a vacancy for a junior or intermediate counsel in our dedicated Accident Benefits
practice group. You will have independent carriage of a full Accident Benefits case load. To be the
successful candidate you must have 2-10 years of experience litigating Accident Benefits claims
and a demonstrated interest in the practice area. Experience with in-person hearings is an asset,
but not required.
Interested candidates are invited to address their resume in confidence to:
Andrew McCutcheon, National Managing Counsel
Catherine Koch, Matter Management Counsel
Submit resume to: Ken.Chan@aviva.com
no later than February 15, 2019
Accident Benefits Lawyer – Markham
4800 - 100 King St. West, Toronto, ON M5X 2A2 | www.avivacanada.com
An independent investment manager is looking for a Legal Counsel to, inter alia, work
closely with the business team to provide legal advice, manage external counsel and
ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations. This is a newly created role.
• Provide legal advice to the investment product and asset management teams, as
well as senior management.
• Review of marketing and sales literature.
• Assist with drafting and offering memorandums.
• Participate in development of corporate polices, procedures and governance.
• Assisting senior management with all major business transactions, including
acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures.
• LL.B./J.D. and 4-8 years of post-call experience as an associate at a law firm
and/or in-house within the asset management industry.
• Hands-on experience with investment funds and asset management, with
focus on retail asset management, mutual funds, exchange-traded funds and
securities law along with experience with the regulatory issues relating to such
Legal Counsel (Toronto)
For more information and to apply, contact