FEBRUARY 22, 2019 CAREERS lxxiii
We have an immediate opening in our Content department for a recently practicing lawyer
with at least 5+ years of experience in Family Law.
The successful candidate for this full-time position will join a team of experienced lawyers
responsible for the development and strategic direction of Lexis Practice Advisor® Canada, an
innovative online practical guidance resource designed specifically for Canadian lawyers.
As the Content Lawyer (Family Law), Lexis Practice Advisor® Canada, your key roles and
responsibilities will include:
• Building relationships with respected legal practitioners and firms across Canada to
create content that reflects leading legal and business practices.
• Reviewing, editing and/or writing practice notes, checklists, flowcharts, precedents and
other practice-related materials.
• Ensuring currency and relevancy of all materials included in the product.
• Monitoring information sources to identify and report on relevant news and updates
regarding legal developments in this practice area.
• Working within a cross-functional team to execute on the content and product
development strategies and ensure the delivery of high quality content within mandated
• Contributing knowledge of the needs of legal practitioners to assist in the development of
effective sales and marketing strategies and initiatives in this practice area.
• Maintaining and managing relationships with key LexisNexis stakeholders within Canada,
the US and UK to negotiate resources, deadlines, and project trade-off decisions as
• Canadian law degree
• 5+ years of practice experience in Family Law, experience in Wills, Trusts & Estates an asset
• Member of one or more of the bars of Ontario or British Columbia (active and in good
What we are looking for in you:
• Detailed understanding of the legal practice needs and workflow requirements within this
practice area and a sophisticated knowledge of trends in the Canadian legal marketplace.
• Strong network of contacts currently in legal practice in Canada within this practice area.
• Strong, practical writer with the ability to write effectively and concisely within prescribed
• Experience in drafting or editing client materials, law journals, CLE presentations or other
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• Proficient with MS Office products.
• Must be highly organized, self-motivated and detail-oriented.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
LexisNexis Canada Inc. is committed to diversity, integration and equal opportunity.
Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout
the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual
Please click here to apply for the position.
Content Lawyer (Family Law) – Toronto - Permanent (Full Time)