lxiv ONTARIO REPORTS MARCH 15, 2019
LexisNexis Canada seeks to add a lawyer to its Content Team with experience in real
estate practice and legal research and writing.
As part of this team, you will be responsible for the development and strategic
direction of LexisNexis Canada’s real estate law products – including the Ontario Real
Estate Law Guide and the British Columbia Real Estate Law Guide, among others –
used by a wide variety of law firms, governments, businesses, students, and sole
As a Content Development Lawyer, your key roles and responsibilities will include:
o through a proprietary tool, tracking and describing legislative updates;
o reviewing, editing, and writing content for real estate reporters and
• building relationships with external practitioners who can deliver high quality
content to supplement existing materials and your enhancements;
• monitoring information sources to identify and report on relevant news and
updates regarding legal developments;
• identifying, organizing, and developing content improvements;
• reviewing and providing input on customer-facing messaging and marketing;
• offering support to sales, customer training, and customer service.
What we are looking for in you:
• A Canadian law degree (a U.S. law degree would be considered if the candidate
has sufficient practical experience)
• 1-3 years of practice experience in real estate law
• experience in drafting or editing client materials, law journals, CLE presentations
or other legal writing;
• experience drafting a variety of legal precedents relevant to real estate law, with
a strong attention to detail;
• an understanding of workflow requirements in real estate law and a strong
knowledge of trends in the Canadian legal marketplace;
• the ability to meet deadlines for print, online, and newsletter releases;
• excellent communication and organizational skills;
• the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
LexisNexis Canada Inc. is committed to diversity, integration and equal opportunity.
Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability
throughout the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to accommodate
their individual accessibility needs.
Please click here to apply for the position.
Content Development Associate, Real Estate – Toronto, Full-Time