MARCH 15, 2019 CAREERS lxv
As one of Canada’s largest residential landlords, CAPREIT is a growth-oriented investment
trust owning interests in 52,039 residential units, comprised of 45,446 residential suites
and 30 manufactured home communities comprising 6,593 land lease sites located in and
near major urban centers across Canada, and the Netherlands. We offer a professional,
dedicated team with a unique proactive management style. CAPREIT is a growth-oriented
investment trust mandated to provide a safe, happy home to our thousands of residents
and provide investors with long-term, predictable returns and cash distributions.
The Legal Counsel has responsibility for assisting the Legal and Compliance Department
in matters relating to corporate, commercial, securities, privacy and real estate law and
compliance with company policies. The ideal candidate has at least 2 years’ experience
post-call with knowledge of corporate, commercial, securities and privacy laws. Exposure
to the real estate industry will be an asset. He/she will be providing legal advice to CAPREIT
and its affiliates and will assist the Associate Counsel and General Counsel with the overall
management of the legal function and legal affairs of CAPREIT.
For the full position description, please visit Job ID: 2019-10154:
COUNSEL – GLOBAL ASSET MANAGEMENT (REQ ID – 182893)
An exciting opportunity as legal counsel to provide legal advice and support to the
RBC Global Asset Management business. You will work directly with senior counsel,
the business and their functional support groups for a broad range of areas including
strategic business initiatives.
What will you do?
• Provide sound, creative and practical legal advice to the business and functional
groups such as compliance, operations and finance
• Draft and negotiate investment management agreements; advise on the
offering of investment funds; draft and amend account agreements and forms;
and conduct regulatory and legal research
• Advise on various regulatory developments, and help identify and manage risks
• Formulate and execute policies and procedures for addressing legal, regulatory
and reputational risks as they relate to relevant products and the day-to-day
servicing of clients
• 2-4 years of securities law experience in an in-house legal department or law
firm. Asset management experience will be considered an asset.
• Superior written and oral communication skills
• LL.B./J.D. from recognized law school and membership in applicable law society
For full description and to apply (Req ID 182893):