xxii ONTARIO REPORTS APRIL 12, 2019
April 30, 2019
I can help create a Law Society that properly combines
the interests of lawyers and the public interest.
If elected I would focus on:
Diversity and Inclusion
I support the current Law Society Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Initiative
together with its focus on mental health in the legal profession.
Access to Legal Services
I advocate that the Law Society of Ontario fund Pro Bono Ontario.
Future of Legal Practice
I endorse all efforts to ensure that all future lawyers have articling training
which is the best way to assist lawyers to practice law when called to the bar. To encourage
hiring articling students I will seek to have law firms receive a modest credit on their law
society fees for hiring articling students
My areas of practice include commercial litigation, construction litigation, class actions,
personal injury, disability and insurance claims, employment and real estate litigation.
I also have previous experience as a Criminal Defence Lawyer.
• Past President of the Toronto Lawyers Association
• Deputy Judge Toronto Small Claims Court since 2012
• Certified Specialist in Civil Litigation since 2006
• Recipient of The Catzman Award for Professionalism & Civility 2015
• Recipient of the Trillium Gift of Life Network Award 2014 for promoting organ
and tissue donation in Ontario.
• Partner in the law firm Landy Marr Kats LLP.
Nominated By: Derry Millar, Former Law Society of Ontario Treasurer | Ian Hull, Partner, Hull and
Hull LLP | Michael Peerless, Partner, McKenzie Lake Lawyers LLP | Reuben Rosenblatt, Partner, Minden
Gross LLP | Margaret Waddell, Partner, Waddell Phillips LLP | Anna Wong | The Late Eric Hoaken
SAMUEL S. MARR