APRIL 12, 2019 CAREERS lxxv
Assistant Vice President & Senior Counsel (Winnipeg)
Based in Winnipeg and reporting into the VP & Associate General Counsel, Corporate and Strategic Legal
Initiatives, the AVP & Senior Counsel will provide valuable, practical and timely advice to our Canadian
Investment Division. This involves overseeing the provision of legal support on diverse investment transactions
and related matters, such as:
• Private debt investments, including: financing proposals, lending agreements and security documents
to implement and maintain commercial financing transactions, including renewable energy and other
infrastructure financing, public private partnerships, project financing, bulk lease financing and innovative
financing and investment transactions
• Commercial and residential mortgage investments
• Bond investments including derivatives transactions
• Real estate investments and related matters
• Oil and gas and mineral rights leases
• Regulatory compliance
Ideal candidates will be L.L.B in good standing with provincial bar, with 10+ years of leadership experience
guiding lawyers and legal professionals, with commercial lending transaction experience.
To see complete details on this role and to apply, visit: https://social.icims.com/viewjob/po1554138373705d0988
We offer competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account
and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities.
Applications can be sent by April 19th to:
Paul Leckey, CHRL, Executive Talent Acquisition Advisor, Great-West Life
330 University Ave, Toronto | Office – 647-448-1562 | Paul. Leckey@gwl.ca
Senior Legal Counsel
Reporting into the VP-General Counsel, Chief Privacy Officer and Corporate Secretary, the Legal Counsel will
support the General Counsel in delivering legal advice while being mindful of legal, regulatory and compliance
requirements and risks associated with business initiatives, and developing and implementing appropriate
• Provides support to the business in: ( i) negotiating and drafting various business contracts and service
agreements, ( ii) serving as the legal prime in advising on all information technology matters.
• Reviews, analyses and interprets proposed, new and existing legislation affecting all client groups.
• Interprets internal policies and procedures affecting all client groups and their activities.
• Exercises judgment on the application of such legislation and internal policies and procedures on complex
• Min 5-7 yrs as a corporate/commercial counsel in a business environment with a focus on contracts;
in-house experience in a regulated environment would be an asset
• Law Degree from a recognized University
• Proven experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating information technology agreements and providing
advice on information technology/security issues
• Excellent contract negotiating and drafting skills
• Ability to influence and drive strategy implementation and work directly with the executive team
To apply, please visit