APRIL 12, 2019 CAREERS lxxix
SENIOR COUNSEL – CANADIAN WEALTH MANAGEMENT
(REQ ID – 184716)
An exciting opportunity as a senior legal counsel to provide legal advice and support to
the RBC Canadian Wealth Management business.
What will you do?
• Provide sound, creative and practical legal advice to business partners within
Canadian Wealth Management on retail distribution matters.
• Draft and review distribution agreements; draft and amend account agreements
and forms; review client documentation deficiencies; and advise on the delivery
of services to clients.
• Advise on various regulatory developments, and help identify and manage risks.
• Formulate and execute policies and procedures addressing legal, regulatory and
reputational risks to support the Canadian Wealth Management businesses.
• 7+ years of securities law experience in an in-house legal department or law firm.
Wealth management experience will be considered an asset.
• Superior written and oral communication skills.
• Bachelor of Law degree from recognized law school.
• Called to the Bar of a Canadian province.
• Membership in applicable law society.
For full description and to apply (Req ID: 184716):
We are a busy, growing and energetic insurance litigation firm with an active
practice in all insurance related matters and, in particular, personal injury, accident
benefits (including priority disputes and loss transfer disputes), professional
liability and property losses. We offer an opportunity to lawyers with 1-2 years of
related insurance litigation experience.
All candidates should possess excellent communication skills, a good academic
record and work well in a team setting. This is an excellent opportunity for the
successful candidates to work with or alongside senior counsel while developing
their own practice.
Only chosen applicants will be contacted. We thank all who apply for their
Please reply in confidence with detailed resume, transcripts and references to:
LAXTON GLASS LLP
390 Bay St., Suite 200, Toronto, ON M5H 2B1
Attn: Louise McNeely, CPA, CGA, Office Manager