MAY 17, 2019 CAREERS lxvii
The Canadian Commercial Corporation (CCC) is a federal crown corporation based in Ottawa,
assisting in the development of export trade. CCC is a dynamic organization seeking to recruit a Junior
Lawyer, Legal Services to conduct legal reviews and provide advice on the Defence Production
Sharing Agreement (DPSA), internal contracting matters and to assist senior lawyers with complex
files. CCC is offering an opportunity to work on a variety of projects and contracts across multiple
Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel, the ideal candidate will be bilingual (French/English),
have a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) or Juris Doctor (J.D.), must be a member of a Canadian law society,
have one (1) to five (5) years’ experience in providing client-focused advice, excellent legal and
communication skills, and will be a team player able to build relationships across functional teams.
Interested candidates are invited to send their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org no
later than June 15, 2019. Please submit a cover letter and include Legal Counsel in the subject line.
For more information on CCC and this role, visit the CCC website at www.ccc.ca.
SENIOR COUNSEL, CAPITAL MARKETS (REQ ID-187090)
An exciting opportunity as a Senior Counsel to provide legal advice and support to the
RBC Capital Markets business. You will support the Global Equity-Linked Products
business and global derivatives trading businesses.
• Provide sound, creative and practical legal advice to the RBC Capital Markets
business and functional groups such as group risk management, compliance and
• Primary legal support for the Canadian Structured Notes and Canadian Equity
• Provide day-to-day documentation support to the global trading activities of the
Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities businesses.
• Formulate and execute policies and procedures for addressing legal, regulatory
and reputational risks as they relate to relevant products and the day-to-day
servicing of clients.
• 4+ years of securities law experience in an in-house legal department or law firm.
Secured lending or derivatives experience will be considered an asset.
• Superior written and oral communication skills.
• LL.B. or J.D. from recognized law school and called to the Bar of a Canadian
For full description and to apply (Req ID-187090):
Please mention Source as “Newspaper/Print Media”