MAY 17, 2019 CAREERS lxix
• Managing litigation portfolio (Federal Court practice)
• Negotiating and drafting commercial agreements
Canada’s largest rights management
• Assisting on tariff matters before the Copyright Board
• Advising on matters relating to music licensing, governance,
member relations, and Canadian and foreign copyright laws
organization. SOCAN serves music
creators, authors and publishers.
• Two to six years of post-call experience
• IP background
• Litigation experience
• Corporate/privacy knowledge is an asset
Interested and qualified candidates please submit resume to
We are seeking a lawyer to join our legal team.
The Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO) works at the heart of Ontario’s power
system. The IESO delivers key services across the electricity sector including: managing
the power system in real-time, planning for the province’s future energy needs, enabling
conservation and designing a more efficient electricity marketplace to support sector evolution.
The IESO requires three (3) new Counsel to support its legal team, each on two-year contracts.
The successful applicants will have a minimum of four years post-call experience, gained in top
tier law firms or fast paced in-house environments. Positions will be either Counsel II or Senior
Counsel (14458), depending on successful applicant experience.
In-house counsel will provide legal services on a range of matters supporting IESO’s operations
• a variety of contract management, procurement, and program implementation matters
• IESO market operations including interpretation, administration, and development of
Market Rules and related matters
• disputes that may arise under or in relation to programs, procurements, or contracts
• matters supporting the operations of the IESO, including procurements of goods and
services, non-disclosure agreements, intellectual property, privacy (including Freedom of
Information access requests), and records management, and
• legal research
Experience in electricity or energy law would be considered an asset.
Please apply online to our website at www.ieso.ca
LEGAL COUNSEL – 3 POSITIONS (TEMPORARY)