MAY 17, 2019 CAREERS lxxi
Reporting to the City Solicitor, the Assistant City Solicitor will be responsible for a range
of legal matters, including providing legal advice and opinions related to all aspects of the
City’s operations and administration. The successful incumbent will provide advice to Mayor
& Council, the City Manager, and city staff with respect to all general legal matters before
the Corporation. This position will have a particular focus on real estate, environmental
law, contracts, construction, procurement, tax and assessment and municipal prosecutions.
The successful applicant will poses LLB/J.D., be called to the Bar in Ontario, in good
standing with the Law Society of Ontario and have three to five years of relevant experience
in real estate and commercial law preferably in a municipal or government legal department.
The ideal candidate will require excellent organizational, interpersonal, presentation,
communication and computer skills combined with knowledge of municipal government
The annual salary range is Job Grade 8 - $109,269 to $133,255 per annum.
We invite qualified candidates to apply for this position at: www.cambridge.ca/careers by
May 24, 2019.
PEOPLE PLACE PROSPERITY
Assistant City Solicitor
In this role, you will be responsible for handling and managing claims before
the Ontario Ministry of Labour and the WSIB in an effective, consistent and
• Oversee, handle and manage Ministry of Labour and WSIB claims.
• Provide guidance to our HR Advice Team in relation to MOL and WSIB claims.
• Communicate with the Ministry of Labour, WSIB and other government agencies during
the lifecycle of a claim.
• Monitor the progress of all existing claims and ensure that they are tracked.
• Develop, prepare and maintain accurate reports regarding the status of all claims.
• Must be a licensed paralegal with a valid P1 licence and a member in good standing of
the Law Society of Ontario.
• 3-5 years of relevant experience handling claims before the MOL and the WSIB.
Preferably, you will also hold the CHRP designation and be a member in good standing
of the HRPA.
• Detail oriented and an ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced and
demanding environment with strong time management skills.
• Must possess a strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and SharePoint. A good
working knowledge of Salesforce would be an asset.
For full description: https://www.peninsulagrouplimited.com/ca/career-opportunities/paralegal/
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org