The Lawyer’s Daily
lxxiv ONTARIO REPORTS MAY 17, 2019
The Lawyer’s Daily.
National in scope. Editorially independent.
Get your 2-week free trial at lexisnexis.ca/lawyersdaily
NE WS ALER TS
Reporting to the Litigation Counsel, the Solicitor will act as counsel to the TTC with a primary
focus on personal injury and insurance litigation matters.
Key Job Functions
• Representing TTC and its employees before various Ontario Courts and tribunals,
including the Licence Appeal Tribunal of Ontario
• Providing day-to-day guidance and legal opinions on a variety of legal matters
• Presenting cases to opposing counsel fairly and knowledgeably in order to bring about a
reasonable settlement of the litigation in the interest of the TTC and related stakeholders
• Advocating, vigorously and professionally, before a judge, jury, arbitrator and/or mediator,
where a reasonable settlement in the interest of the TTC and related stakeholders cannot
• LL.B./J.D. and member in good standing of the LSO
• You are a Litigation Lawyer with personal injury and insurance litigation experience
• You have conducted trials, arbitrations, and/or contested motions
• Strong knowledge of legal principles, procedures and practices; and a detailed
understanding of the Rules of Civil Procedure, Insurance Act and Regulations and Rules
of Evidence as related to liability and assessment of damages
• Strong understanding of the Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule
For full description and to apply (Req ID: 853): https://ttc.ca/Jobs/working_at_the_TTC.jsp