JUNE 14, 2019 CAREERS lv
About the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
We protect the public. We advance our profession. We guide our CPAs. We ensure that our
92,000 members and 21,000 students meet the highest standards of integrity and expertise. We
help them stay ahead of global market trends and abreast of regulatory change. CPAs represent a
globally recognized, premium designation. Our Chartered Professional Accountants are valued by
organizations in all industries for their financial expertise, strategic thinking, management skills and
CPA Ontario is currently in search of a Professional Standards Counsel who will be responsible
for prosecuting allegations of professional misconduct before the Discipline and Appeal Committees
of CPA Ontario and before the courts, providing legal advice to the Complaints Committee, and
appointing and overseeing investigators.
• Prosecute matters before the Discipline and Appeal Committees and before the courts
• Appoint investigators on behalf of the Complaints Committee
• Review investigator reports and provide supervision, direction and advice to in-house and
• Be accountable to the Complaints Committee and the Director for decisions taken on
investigation or prosecution files
• Provide legal advice to the Complaints Committee and Standards Enforcement staff as well
as to other Departments at CPA Ontario
• Contribute to the development of regulatory policy
• LL.B./J.D. member in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario and licensed to practice
law in Ontario
• Minimum 15 years at the bar
• Previous prosecution and/or litigation experience
• Proven ability to assume independent carriage of files
• Prior experience with the disciplinary process of self-regulating professions is an asset
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and presentation skills
• Proficiency with the MS suite of products is required; familiarity with e-discovery software is
• Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills are required along with experience working in a
high volume, deadline driven environment.
How to Apply
Please apply online at www.cpaontario.ca/join-our-team by Friday, June 14, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however,
only those being considered will be contacted.
CPA Ontario is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights
Code.If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment
process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accommodation Required” in the subject
line to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
Professional Standards Counsel