JUNE 14, 2019 CAREERS lxi
We are looking for colleagues to join the Loblaw legal team in two roles:
LEGAL COUNSEL, PROCUREMENT (JOB ID: R2000135271)
The Legal Counsel, Procurement will provide legal and strategic support to our business within the
context of a broad range of goods and services procurement to support our various businesses.
The Legal Counsel will also provide guidance to contract managers in the procurement group, to
provide those roles with learning and development opportunities.
Minimum 5 years’ post-call with significant experience in negotiating commercial and procurement
contracts as part of an in-house legal team.
LEGAL COUNSEL, GENERAL COMMERCIAL
(CONTRACT POSITION) (JOB ID: R2000135612)
In this 9-month contract position, the Legal Counsel, General Commercial will provide legal and
strategic support to various business groups across the Company. This will entail a variety
of different commercial contracts including those governing strategic partnerships and project-specific work.
Minimum 3 years’ post-call, with strong commercial contract experience.
In both roles, the successful candidates will:
• Draft, review and negotiate applicable commercial contracts.
• Provide legal expertise to a broad variety of business initiatives and projects.
• Collaborate with other legal department colleagues and business partners, in:
o the analysis, both legal and strategic, of potential and existing risks, and
o implementation of optimal mitigation strategies.
• Apprise senior lawyers of significant legal issues and/or trends that may affect the business.
• Support achievement of business objectives, with timely identification of issues/resolutions.
• Foster strong collaborative relationships with our business clients.
The requirements for both roles include:
• Member in good standing of the Law Society of Ontario or another Canadian province.
• Strong communication skills – both written and verbal. Able to communicate key information
directly and effectively, in a manner that is appropriately tailored for the audience and instills
• Excellent drafting skills.
• Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
• Bilingualism (English and French) considered an asset.
Please apply online at https://www.loblaw.ca/en/careers.html
LEGAL COUNSEL (2 POSITIONS)