JUNE 14, 2019 CAREERS lxv
SENIOR COUNSEL, CAPITAL MARKETS (REQ ID-189061)
An exciting opportunity as a Senior Counsel to provide legal advice and support to the
RBC Capital Markets business.
• Primary legal support to the global trading activities of the Fixed Income, Currencies
and Commodities businesses and to other businesses in Global Markets that
transact primarily in derivatives.
• Provide sound, creative and practical legal advice to the RBC Capital Markets
business and functional groups such as group risk management, compliance,
operations and finance.
• Formulate and execute policies and procedures for addressing legal, regulatory
and reputational risks as they relate to relevant products and the day-to-day
servicing of clients.
• Minimum of 3 years of derivatives or secured lending experience in an in-house
legal department or law firm.
• Securities law experience considered an asset.
• Superior written and oral communication skills.
• LL.B. or J.D. from a recognized law school and called to the Bar of a Canadian
For full description and to apply (Req ID-189061):
Please mention Source as “Newspaper/Print Media”
Fidelity Investments Canada ULC is part of Fidelity Investments, one of the world’s largest
providers of financial services. Fidelity Canada has become an employer of choice for talented
people seeking rewarding career opportunities in the financial services industry. We offer an
innovative and comprehensive line-up of mutual funds and related investment solutions.
The successful candidate will work on a variety of corporate and securities matters including
preparing and maintaining disclosure documents and material contracts for our institutional
and retail investment products, providing legal advice on new products and special projects,
interpreting securities laws (including IIROC Dealer Member Rules), providing legal support with
respect to introducing and carrying broker relationships, and providing board and corporate legal
support for the Fidelity Canada companies.
The ideal candidate will have between four (4) to seven (7) years’ post-call experience gained
at a top-tier law firm or investment fund manager and in-depth knowledge of corporate and
securities law. Mutual fund or investment dealer industry knowledge is an asset.
To learn more and to apply, please visit (Job ID:J10174):