liv ONTARIO REPORTS AUGUST 16, 2019
Volume 33, August 2019
Orders LaWyeR MaTTeRS
June 18, 2019
In this proceeding concerning Matthew Christopher Mahoney, 2010,
of Toronto, the panel determined that:
term is defined in s. 37 of the Law Society Act.
The panel orders:
1. That the respondent shall continue in treatment with Dr. Celeste
Thirlwell in Toronto, Ontario, or any successor psychiatrist, on a
monthly basis at a minimum, for 12 months after the order and
thereafter on a bi-monthly basis for a further 12 months, and then
continuing as recommended by Dr. Thirlwell, or any successor
2. The respondent shall continue to see Dr. Minassian as needed while
in the United States.
3. The respondent shall provide a copy of this order to Dr. Thirlwell
within seven days of the date of this order and to any successor
psychiatrist treating him within seven days of commencing
4. The respondent shall arrange for Dr. Thirlwell or any successor
psychiatrist to provide a report six months from the date of this
order and every six months thereafter until the end of the 24 month
period specified above.
5. Dr. Thirlwell or any successor psychiatrist shall include in any report
the respondent’s compliance with attendance and treatment and,
advising if she/he has any concerns about the respondent’s ability to
6. The respondent shall provide a copy of this order to Dr. Minassian
within seven days of the date of this order.
7. The respondent will complete an accredited anger management
course approved by the executive Director, Professional Regulation
within three months of resuming the practice of law and will
provide proof of completion to Regulatory Compliance within two
weeks of completion.
8. The respondent will enter into a Mentorship agreement with a
Mentor approved by the executive Director, Professional Regulation,
immediately upon resuming the practice of law, for a period of one