lxiv ONTARIO REPORTS SEPTEMBER 13, 2019
RBC GLOBAL ASSET MANAGEMENT (REQ ID-193090)
As Senior Counsel you will provide legal advice and support to the RBC Global Asset Management
(RBC GAM) business and work closely with senior management of RBC GAM and their functional
support groups for a broad range of areas including strategic business initiatives.
• Provide advice and support relating to overall strategy, launch and ongoing maintenance of
retail investment funds, including ETFs
• Provide day-to-day legal support by reviewing, negotiating and drafting documentation in
support of the RBC GAM business, including fund offering documents, investment management
agreements, ISDA/CSAs, prime brokerage agreements and other trading agreements
• Provide general advice on regulatory restrictions impacting the asset management industry,
such as conflict of interest provisions, and work with compliance and the business in formulating
and executing policies and procedures for addressing legal, regulatory and reputational risks
• Provide senior legal support on new regulatory developments and reviews conducted by
principal regulators and participate in industry associations
• LL.B./J.D. and membership in applicable Law Society
• In-depth knowledge of the asset management industry and regulatory environment in Canada
• Ideally 7+ years of securities law experience with an emphasis on investment fund products
and asset management
• Superior analytical and communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate
with senior management of RBC GAM
For full description and to apply (Req ID -193090): https://jobs.rbc.com/ca/en/
CORPORATE/COMMERCIAL LAW ASSOCIATE
TEMPLEMAN LLP is a full-service law firm with offices in Belleville, Kingston and Brockville.
The firm’s success is based on exceptional client service and the delivery of top-quality legal advice.
Are you looking for an opportunity to practise high quality and interesting law in a more lifestyle-friendly environment? Have you been searching for an organization that invests in its people for the
long-term? One that will actively help you advance your career and prepare you for success as a
partner? Do you want to feel like a valued member of a dynamic team that works together to exceed
clients’ expectations? If so, this may be a life-changing opportunity for you!
Templeman is currently searching for an associate to practice in the area of Corporate/Commercial
Law in our Belleville office. The ideal candidate with have 2-10 years of experience in drafting
commercial agreements and dealing with corporate transactions. A portable book of business is not
required. You must possess the enthusiasm and drive to develop a growing practice and be willing
to live in Belleville.
If you are interested in joining one of Eastern Ontario’s pre-eminent law firms, please send your cover
letter and resume in confidence to: Samantha Boyko at email@example.com.