liv ONTARIO REPORTS NOVEMBER 8, 2019
As part of the Legal Department, reporting to and under the supervision of the General Counsel, the
Privacy Officer will be responsible for the central oversight of the Company’s global privacy compliance
The successful candidate will work closely with business stakeholders to enhance and operationalize
the privacy compliance programs in support of the Company’s business strategies, objectives and
growing global footprint. The successful candidate will also support company-wide communication,
awareness and training plans ensuring that employees know and understand how to manage privacy
risks that affect their roles.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Legal, Information Systems or related field
• Professional Privacy Certification (Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) or equivalent)
• 5-10 years of relevant experience
For full description and to apply (Req ID: 11944)
• Expert knowledge of relevant privacy laws, regulations and standards in Canada, US and EU
• Experience providing advice on issues related to foreign legislation (including GDPR) and ability
to interpret laws and legal advice
• Understanding of IT and data management systems to ensure proper security systems are in
place to protect personal information
• Experience in driving and executing privacy / compliance programs, risk management, analysis
and operational improvement using the principals of change management and project
The Lawyer’s Daily
The Lawyer’s Daily.
National in scope. Editorially independent.
Get your 2-week free trial at lexisnexis.ca/lawyersdaily
NE WS ALERTS