NOVEMBER 8, 2019 CAREERS lv
The McDonald’s legal team has a two-year contract opportunity for the position of Legal Counsel at our
Canadian Head Office located at the Don Valley Parkway and Eglinton, in Toronto. This position will report
to the Assistant General Counsel and will expose you to diverse and interesting areas of our dynamic
business. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who wants to work with one of the biggest brands
in the world. The individual in this position will provide legal advice, draft and negotiate agreements and
documentation and support litigation management primarily in the areas of Real Estate/ Retail Leasing
and Franchising, and secondarily in the areas of Marketing and Advertising, Technology and General
Commercial. This position will provide you with an opportunity to hone your existing skills, learn new areas
of practice, work closely with, and be mentored by other members of the legal team.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
• 3-5 years of real estate experience (retail leasing, asset management and construction) and/or
• Prior in-house experience gained from a major corporation will be an asset;
• Outstanding analytical, drafting and negotiation skills, with an ability to learn quickly and apply technical
skills to a wide-range of business initiatives;
• Strong work ethic with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
• Effective communication skills with the ability to work on cross-functional teams;
• Member in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario.
Come work with us and discover the benefits of a rewarding work experience with the Golden Arches™!
Interested candidates can apply directly to email@example.com.
For more details on this opportunity, please visit LinkedIn – McDonald’s Canada.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
LEGAL COUNSEL (two-year contract)
The opportunity: The Co-operators Group Limited is seeking a qualified Vice President and Chief
Compliance Officer to join its Enterprise Compliance function. The work location for this role is flexible
to Burlington, ON or Guelph, ON. As the Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer you will lead
the company’s compliance strategies, including designing and modifying plans and programs, detecting
and preventing non-compliance, directing compliance activities, and managing the preparation and
submission of regulatory filings. Your responsibilities will include promoting an open and responsive
compliance culture across the group of companies, establishing and maintaining relevant policies and
procedures, detection and prevention of violations, overseeing our privacy and ombuds functions. You
will inspire and motivate a team to define and execute strategic objectives through effective coaching
and mentoring, identifying and developing leadership talent while inspiring and fostering an innovative,
collaborative, diverse and agile culture. To be successful you will cultivate a client centric culture, drive
organizational change and champion innovative thinking while fostering sustainable relationships with
stakeholders to identify strategies, explore solutions and collaboratively resolve contentious issues.
• You will have at least 10 years of experience in Life and/or Property Casualty Compliance functions
and 5 years of people leadership and team development experience.
• You have a post-secondary degree and/or a designation related to business, law, or finance.
• Experience applicable to be eligible to hold the Chief Compliance Officer position of a mutual fund
dealer will be a strong asset.
• You have extensive knowledge of applicable regulations and privacy legislation.
For more information about this opportunity and to apply please visit
Application Deadline: 11:59 p.m. on November 22, 2019
VICE PRESIDENT AND CHIEF COMPLIANCE OFFICER